Sterling Systems & Controls, Inc. specializes in delivering customized Systems & Services with integrated automation, process equipment, and process control for a wide range of applications in a variety of industries, including Feed, Petfood, Agriculture, Food, Baking, and many others. For over 40 years Sterling Systems & Controls has provided effective, efficient and reliable Systems & Services.
Contact us today to ensure that you get the results you expect and need!
Sterling Systems & Controls, Inc. offers Systems & Services solutions in the following areas:
- Batching Systems
- Complete Systems
- Material Weighing Systems
- Bulk Bag Unloading and Weighing Systems
- Micro Weighing Systems
- Minor and Major Weighing Systems
- Process Controls and Automation
Sterling Systems & Controls, Inc. can provide Automatic and Semi-Automatic Batching Systems that will improve the efficiency of your powder and bulk, or liquid, material handling process. We specialize in custom designing, engineering, and manufacturing batching systems to increase your process performance, improve product consistency, eliminate product waste, and provide robust production data collection and reporting. Batching Systems can also include blending/mixing operations, and other process equipment, controls and automation. Batching Systems capabilities can include, but are not limited to:
- Inventories unlimited number of materials
- Tolerance control for accurate weights and batch integrity
- Lot tracking & validation features
- Multiple levels of security, password protection
- Automation of material conveying/feeding devises (dry & liquid)
- Prompting of hand add additions (systems with semi-automatic batching)
- Automation of mixers
- Automation of upstream and downstream equipment
- Pneumatic & Mechanical conveyor automation
- Multiple operating platforms (Software & Hardware)
- Operator interface devises throughout the process with ergonomical designs
- Enclosures available in stainless steel, mild steel or composite materials (NEMA rated)
- Work stations/tables for platform scales, shelf to support other equipment such as printer, bar code readers and displays
Custom orders don’t upset us, we thrive on them! If you don’t see what you’re looking for, please don’t hesitate to contact us and ask, tell us how we can make the process system you need. Batching and weighing systems are oftentimes known by various terms, and we will gladly provide information on anything you may be looking for, such as: Batch Bulk Weighing Systems, Continuous Weighing Systems, Bulk Weigh Scale Systems, Micro-Systems/Micro-Ingredient Systems, Gain-In-Weight or Loss-In-Weight Batching Systems, Weigh Hopper and Batching Systems, Batching Control Systems, Minor/Micro/Major/Hybrid Ingredient Systems, and Liquid Weighing/Metering Systems.
Sterling Systems & Controls, Inc. can bundle your milling, grinding, sifting, metal separation, and other process equipment into a complete process system. Our skilled and experienced engineers have in-depth knowledge of the process equipment and the technology devices required to properly operate your process from raw material feeding to final product destination. Sterling Systems & Controls, Inc. has developed strategic partnerships with industry leading equipment manufactures to be able to provide our customers with complete system design and integration.
Why struggle with sizing air movers, filter receivers, piping, and separation magnets while dealing with multiple suppliers when you can get it all from one source, Sterling Systems & Controls, Inc.? Our automation systems and process controls integration with a wide range of process equipment is second to none in the industry. We handle the following, and more:
- System implementation and management
- System design and process development
- Mechanical process equipment, i.e. conveyors, mixers, grinders, etc.
- Raw material receiving, material transfer, batching, mixing/blending, grinding/milling, screening, partical extruding, storage of finished product, bagging/packaging, loadout, and more
- Lot tracking, material traceability and validation (RFID, Barcode, etc.)
- Supervisory remote control, and integration with business systems
Sterling Systems & Controls, Inc. offers a variety of material weighing systems for many industries and applications. Each system is customized to meet the exact requirements and demands of our customer. Material Weighing Systems are useful for automatic batching or semi-automatic weighing using a single or multiple scales. A semi-automatic material weighing system requires operator assisted weighing with automatic operator instructions and lockouts to ensure there will be no more missed ingredients due to operator interuption. This ensures batch integrity, quality & consistency (ingredient weighments within a programmable tolerance).
Common Material Weighing Systems Include:
Sterling Systems & Controls, Inc. offers customized micro material weighing systems to weigh materials that require accurately measured ingredients that are critical to the batch integrity. These systems can be semi-automatic or automatic. With micro ingredient batching systems we offer supply bins, feeders, automatic bin refilling, work platforms, bag handling equipment, dust collection, and batched material conveying equipment (pneumatic and mechanical). Lot tracking, traceability and validation can be as simple or as comprehensive as you are prepared to implement. And supervisory remote control is available with the use of our WebCentral supervisory control application.
Our unique approach to micro and minor ingredient weighing systems set us apart from typical systems. The designs are customized for each application utilizing standardized components. We offer Bulk Bag Weighing Systems, Ridged Tote Bin Systems, as well as Large and Small supply bin systems manufactured from Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel and Plastic. The scale designs are customized to minimize mass of the scale to insure high scale resolution while maximizing accuracy and repeatability.
The uniquely designed system shown here to the right features 18 supply bins and 4 scales with batching software for formulations, inventory tolerance control, lot tracking, and corp interface.
Sterling Systems & Controls, Inc. offers a full line of bulk bag unloading systems. Bulk bag unloading systems can be customized to provide for filling supply bins, such as drum or tote tippers. This would incorporate weighing systems into the bulk bag unloader that have many of the same designs and features as the micro, minor and bulk weighing systems, but solely support the use of bulk bags and totes. These custom unloaders also would include conveying, mechanical or pneumatic.