Grinding mills and classifiers operate at high speed and utilize bearings for proper and efficient operation. Protecting grinding mills from damage? Is it possible? Sure, there are some things that can be done. Prater Industries is a worldwide and well known brand of mills and classifiers. Monitoring the health and safety of these high speed rotating pieces of key process equipment is readily available, and Sterling Systems can provide you with this. Sterling’s Mill Monitoring package will check bearing (inboard and outboard) temperatures, acceleration and vibration.
Protecting grinding mills with Sterling’s Mill Monitors automatically watch over key mill bearing aspects and provide output to control systems.
Mill Monitoring Benefits include:
- Detects and warns prior to a shutdown condition when vibration or temperature values are abnormal
- Can eliminate major damage by stopping equipment automatically
- Data trending ready
- Available for Hazardous (Intrinsically Safe) or Non-Hazardous Areas
- Standalone or Integrated Monitoring
- Monitors Vibration, Acceleration and Temperature (°F or °C)
- One, Two or Three Bearing Standalone Packages Available
- Programmable LCD Display and 4-20mA Outputs with Standalone Mill Monitor Systems
- Relay Output for Warning, Relay Output for Shutdown
- NEMA4X Wall Mounted Enclosure
- Accelerometers with Integral Temperature Sensing
- 100ft, 200ft or 300ft Long Cables for Sensors
- 120VAC or 24VDC Power for Control Panel
Sterling Systems & Controls, Inc. has 50 years of experience providing efficient solutions for mill monitoring, process control, automation, micro ingredient batching, material weighing of all kinds, bag unloading systems, as well as bulk bag filling stations.