Feed Mill automation can simplify operation and improve efficiency of cost and throughput. Sterling Systems & Controls, Inc. custom designs and manufactures the highest quality automation control systems for virtually any
Feed Mill process or a complete facility.
Sterling Systems & Controls designs and provides equipment and software for custom systems using Allen-Bradley PLC’s and desktop PC’s running Sterling Systems’ customized Windows-based Automation Software. Sterling’s forty-five plus (45+) years of Feed Mill process and Feed Mill automation experience ensures quality and efficiency in both hardware and software.
While the pelleting process has historically been done manually, the Sterling Systems & Controls pelleting system uses your production requirements and formulas to create a customized and fully-automated pelleting process.
Upon starting the main pellet mill motor, the Pellet Mill control application will start running the feeder at a predetermined speed when the idle condition on the pellet mill motor is reached. The startup feeder speed is determined by the hot or cold parameters. After the pellet mill electrical current threshold value is reached (shown on main pellet mill screen), the steam valve is opened to a preset setting based on hot or cold die parameters.
The Pellet Mill control application is constantly evaluating the information. Feeder adjustments are made to bring the pellet mill electrical current to target levels. Feeder speed ramps up, steam valve is also ramped up. The feeder and steam adjustments continue until the current and mash temperature set-points are reached. This provides for smoother and faster achievement of maximum efficiency with minimum downtime.
When motor load set-point is reached, the Pellet Mill application adjusts feeder to maintain the mill at the electrical
current set-point. When the mash temperature set-point is reached, the Pellet Mill application adjusts steam to maintain mash temperature. This continues for the duration of the pelleting run to keep the pellet mill operating at set parameters for the formula running. The Sterling Systems & Controls, Inc. Pellet Mill automation application optimizes throughput and maximizes output from your Pellet Mill(s).
• Custom designed Pellet Mill control software application to meet your exact automation and system requirements
• Integrated mill monitoring and histogram displays
• Control functions maximize throughput and high output; mill optimized based on mill condition
• Plug conditions averted through use of smart control, mill shutdown automatic if plugged conditions exist
• Control feeding, pelleting throughput and rates
• Graphic display of all key parameters, including Mash Temp, Feeder Rates, Steam, Mill Current, etc.
• Control wide range of Pellet Mill types, quantities and sizes
• Smart control monitors mill conditions.
• Control group parameters can vary widely depending on the type of pellet mill
• Parameters easily adjusted if mill conditions change
Other Feed Mill Automation Applications