Sterling Systems & Controls, Inc. offers automation for grain handling and processing applications. Often as part of a feed mill automation project, but also as a standalone grain storage or processing unit. In these applications it is important to ensure that the materials are graded and sorted properly. It is also important to provide consistent yield. Grain handling and processing applications are many. Full facility automation, process equipment control and automation, process function automation, and much more can be provided. Grain handling and processing includes Feed Mill processes, control and automation functions, grain storage facility monitoring and operation, and seed facility process control.
Q: What is a processed Grain?
A: Processed, or Refined, Grains have been milled, a process that removes the bran and germ. This is done to give Grains a finer texture and improve their shelf life, but it also removes dietary fiber, iron, and many B vitamins. Some examples of refined Grain products are white flour, de-germed cornmeal, white bread, and white rice.
Grain Handling and Processing Key Features:
- Grain Receiving/Transfer
- Railcar loading/unloading
- Truck scale use and management
- Raw Material Management, Inventory and Usage
- Raw Material Lot Tracking (Bar Code, RFID)
- Pelleting (Feed)
- Formulation Management & Storage
- Material Parameters (Tolerance, Feeder Speed, Jog, and Pre-act/Cutoff…)
- Process Validation (Bar Code, RFID…)
- Equipment Parameters (Scales, Mixer, Dry Ingredient Feeders, Liquid Meters…)
- Finished Batch Tracking
- Preventative Maintenance Planning
- Abnormal Condition Alarms and Tracking
- Remote Batching & Data Access Software (WebCentral)
- Troubleshooting & Diagnostics Features (Local & Remote)
- Least Cost Formulation Software Interfaces
Working With Us
Give us a call today to talk about your business and process objectives and see how Sterling Systems & Controls can provide a custom engineered solution. You can reach us by phone at 1-815-625-0852, toll-free in the USA 1-800-257-7214, or by email at email@example.com.