Sterling Systems & Controls, Inc. offers automation for grain handling and processing applications. Often as part of a feed mill automation project, but also as a standalone grain storage or processing. In these applications it is important to ensure that the material are graded and sorted properly. It is also important to provide consistent yield. Grain handling and processing applications are many. Full facility automation, process equipment, control and automation, process function automation, and much more. Grain handling and processing includes feedmillprocesses, control and automation, grain storage facility monitoring and operation, and seed facility process control.
Q: What is a processed grain?
A: Refined grains have been milled, a process that removes the bran and germ. This is done to give grains a finer texture and improve their shelf life, but it also removes dietary fiber, iron, and many B vitamins. Some examples of refined grain products are white flour, de-germed cornmeal, white bread, and white rice.
Grain Handling and Processing Key Features:
- Grain Receiving/Transfer
- Railcar loading/unloading
- Truck scale use and management
- Raw Material Management, Inventory and Usage
- Raw Material Lot Tracking (Bar Code, RFID)
- Formulation Management & Storage
- Material Parameters (Tolerance, Feeder Speed, Jog, and Pre-act/Cutoff…)
- Process Validation (Bar Code, RFID…)
- Equipment Parameters (Scales, Mixer, Dry Ingredient Feeders, Liquid Meters…)
- Finished Batch Tracking
- Abnormal Condition Alarms and Tracking
- Remote Batching & Data Access Software (WebCentral)
- Troubleshooting & Diagnostics Features (Local & Remote)
- Least Cost Formulation Software Interfaces