Feedmill Automation can simplify operation and improve efficiency of cost and throughput. Sterling Systems & Controls, Inc. custom designs and manufactures the highest quality automation control systems for virtually any Feedmill Automation process or a complete facility.
Sterling Systems & Controls designs and provides equipment and software for custom systems using Allen-Bradley PLC’s and desktop PC’s running Sterling Systems’ customized Windows-based Automation Software.
Sterling’s forty-five plus (45+) years of Feed Mill process and Feedmill automation experience ensures quality and efficiency in both hardware and software.
Receiving / Transfer
The Receiving/Transfer application is custom designed to suit your exact needs. This includes allowing for only manual control or including the ability to allow for automatic receiving and transfer steps.
A fully automatic Receiving & Transfer application accurately tracks and transfers incoming grain and commodity materials to the correct location within your facility each and every time.
Truck or Railcar transport of incoming materials can be accommodated. Feed rates are controlled to maximize efficiency and material safety. After the material has been moved into the containment location (bin etc.) the system logs and weighs empty trucks before they leave the facility. Weight measurements are logged into the material tracking function, maintaining accuracy and traceability.
The Transfer function connects your Feedmill together. It guides the movement of your grains, other commodities, and finished product from one process point to the next. The Transfer function allows you to control material movement between receiving and loadout. This ensures the safety of your produced Feed, and the accuracy, speed and efficiency of the production process.
The Receiving & Transfer application performs a vital role protecting against material contamination, managing shared equipment, distributor head functions, container filling/discharge, and material transfers within containers, thereby providing safe and fast transfers.
• Faster off-loading of grain and commodities
• Meet traceability and validation requirements with material tracking
• Better reports for management; by vendor, farmer, truck/rail company
• More efficient, greater productivity due to easy operation and better knowledge of what you have and where it is
• Receive materials by truck or rail
• Automated routing – interlocks or manual operation
• Include shipping and transfer functions
• Simple data entry
• Modern graphic displays
• “Point & Click” movement of material from point A to B
• Integrate with ERP system or other third party software
• Grinding and Use bins auto refill with level indication
Other Feedmill Automation Applications