Working With Us: we want to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in Sterling Systems & Controls Inc. and to highlight a few of our standard practices which illustrate our commitment to our customers and the solutions we provide.
Even prior to the sale of your custom engineered system a Project Manager has already been assigned to your proposed system. This individual is a senior engineer with more than 20 years of experience in engineering, coordinating and managing projects for Sterling Systems customers.
To ensure that working with us is the best possible experience for our customers we have strict procedures for the custom engineered systems that Sterling Systems & Controls provides. To summarize, projects are typically handled as follows:
- Once an opportunity to provide a solution for a customer is determined and a proposal has been requested, the Technical Sales Engineer works directly with the Project Manager to coordinate the concept and cost estimate for the project.
- If Sterling Systems is the selected supplier for the system solution, an internal kickoff meeting is held between the Technical Sales Engineer, Project Manager, and subordinate staff.
- After the Kickoff meeting, a formal “Approval Package” is prepared in detail and submitted to the customer. The Approval Package includes, but is not limited to, the following items:
- Detailed Equipment List
- Detailed Equipment Layouts (3 Dimensional)
- Sequence of Operation
- Control Panel Front Layouts with dimensions
- Control Input & Output List
- Electrical Drawings
- Interconnection Wiring Diagram
- Recommended Spare Parts List
- The Approval Package is presented to the customer for review and approval.
- After approval of the documentation contained in the Approval Package:
- Components are ordered
- Mechanical and Electrical fabrication begins
- In-house assembly of equipment.
- Software and Control Panel testing is completed before shipment (the customer has the option of attending).
- Field Commissioning & Testing of the Equipment at the customer site is completed with the Project Manager attending. Optional service estimates are made available if the Sterling Systems Project Manager needs to be on-site during mechanical install, which is completed by others.
- After commissioning of the equipment is completed, “As-Built” documents are provided.
Working with us? We won’t leave you hanging ….. To best service customers our company culture and structure ensures that our customers can report any problem, and we are available to work on the problem at any time of day, any day of the week, 24/7. Some of other companies may require annual contracts and/or a PO before they will even speak with you, that is putting their needs ahead of yours. Not at Sterling Systems & Controls. Inc.. Getting the problem solved and the getting our customers’ production back up and running is the first priority.
This information and our concept and culture of operating are designed to meet your objectives and fulfill your expectations of the project and Sterling Systems & Controls, Inc. capabilities.