For fifty (50) years Sterling Systems & Controls, Inc. has designed, engineered and specialized in producing customized material weighing and batching systems, bulk bag filling/packaging stations, bulk bag unloading systems, process controls and plantwide automation systems . The company is located in Sterling, IL. We offer highly competitive wages and company benefits. Sterling Systems & Controls, Inc., a manufacturer of customized process control systems and material weighing equipment is looking to fill the following posit
Please send applications and resumes to:
Sterling Systems & Controls, Inc.
P.O. Box 418 • Sterling, IL 61081
Or, email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Form Options:
Drafting / Production Technician: This hourly rate position reports to the Engineering Supervisor and is to provide design/drafting and assembly work for material handling, ingredient batching and control panel systems. Principle responsibilities include:
– Using DraftSight or Solidworks, design material handling systems, perform stack-up calculations
– Assemble and checkout electronic control panels from electrical drawings
– Assist sales staff with flow diagrams, preliminary engineering of systems for quoting purposes
– Provide mechanical setup assistance at customer site as required
– Coordinate with vendors on mechanical quotes and follow-up on status
– Build ingredient systems and wire for testing
– Provide support to engineering staff during customer visits
– Maintain a safe, organized and clean work environment
– Maintain accurate inventory counts
– Shipping and receiving use of forklift required
– Machine in-house fabricated items
– Backup personnel for performing receiving of materials into building and create receiver tickets
– Building and grounds maintenance as needed
– Accurate and detailed work
– Ability to design and create systems and solutions for our customers
– Time management skills
– Problem solving ability
Knowledge, Education or Experience:
– Mechanical drafting or design degree required
– Electrical or electronics certificate beneficial
– Skilled in DraftSight (or AutoCAD) and Solidworks Products
– Mechanical, electrical and fabrication experience
– Certified Forklift Driver
– Basic Microsoft product knowledge
– Ability to work with minimal supervision
– Flexible to changing priorities and routines
– Creative problem solver
– Long periods of standing or sitting with extended periods of work at a computer
– Squatting, lifting and stretching
– Good hand eye coordination
– Ability to lift between 50-70lbs
SUMMER Intern – Engineering Department: Sterling Systems & Controls, Inc. in Sterling, IL is seeking to fill one Summer 2022 Intern position within our Engineering Department to be located at our Sterling, IL facility. Duties will include assisting with updating Electrical Drawings and Project Documentation. Basic drafting skills, an understanding of basic electrical principles, and good written communication skills are required. In addition to these primary duties, depending on the skills and interest of the individual, there may also be opportunities for assisting our Production staff with assembling and wiring Industrial Control Panels, assisting with assembly of Custom Mechanical Equipment, assisting with PLC, HMI, or .NET Programming, and assisting with Mechanical Drafting. This is a paid internship with a focus on Electrical Engineering providing many opportunities to learn from an experience Engineering Staff, and with exposure to other engineering disciplines as well.
Sr. Electrical Controls Engineer: The ideal candidate would have more than 5 years of experience in Allen Bradley hardware such as PLCs (ControlLogix, CompactLogix), VFDs (PowerFlex 520 and 750 series), and Soft Starters. Experience in Rockwell Software products such as RSLogix, Factory Talk Studio, and Factory Talk View is required. Experience designing electrical control panels, programming PLC and HMI control systems, and field commissioning experience is required. Familiarity with a variety of instrumentation such as Weight Indicators, Pressure Sensors, Limit Switches, Proximity Sensors, and Safety equipment is ideal. Must be proficient in CAD (DraftSight and E-Plan preferred) for creating electrical drawings. Proficiency in understanding and following UL 508A, NEC, and NFPA standards in regards to Industrial Control Panel design is required.
– Position requires a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
– Position requires customer service skills & ability to troubleshoot.
– Occasional overnight travel may be required.
– Sterling Systems & Controls offers highly competitive wages and company benefits.
Associate Electrical Engineer: Work under the direction of the engineering project managers to create electrical drawings and approval packages as well as perform basic programming tasks. Perform field checkout of electronic control panels and other equipment. Provide customer support during start up as well as troubleshooting. Create well documented approval packages that include: Sequence of Operations; Front panel layouts; Equipment and I/O lists. Other responsibilities and functions include:
– Use E Plan and Draftsight software to create production ready drawings
– Conduct in-house checkout of completed systems
– Assist Production Technicians as need with installation of components
– Write detailed instruction manual for completed project
– Basic PLC, HMI and PC programming
– Communicate and request technical information with vendors and customers
– Research new technology available in market
– Assist customers with onsite and phone troubleshooting and system start up.
Skills Required include:
– Accuracy and high attention to detail
– Electrical aptitude
– Time management skills
– Excellent verbal and written grammar skills
– Problem solving ability