For fifty (50) years Sterling Systems & Controls, Inc. has designed, engineered and specialized in producing customized material weighing and batching systems, bulk bag filling/packaging stations, bulk bag unloading systems, process controls and plantwide automation systems . The company is located in Sterling, IL. We offer highly competitive wages and company benefits. Sterling Systems & Controls, Inc., a manufacturer of customized process control systems and material weighing equipment is looking to fill the following positions:
Sr. Electrical Controls Engineer: The ideal candidate would have more than 5 years of experience in Allen Bradley hardware such as PLCs (ControlLogix, CompactLogix), VFDs (PowerFlex 520 and 750 series), and Soft Starters. Experience in Rockwell Software products such as RSLogix, Factory Talk Studio, and Factory Talk View is required. Experience designing electrical control panels, programming PLC and HMI control systems, and field commissioning experience is required. Familiarity with a variety of instrumentation such as Weight Indicators, Pressure Sensors, Limit Switches, Proximity Sensors, and Safety equipment is ideal. Must be proficient in CAD (DraftSight and E-Plan preferred) for creating electrical drawings. Proficiency in understanding and following UL 508A, NEC, and NFPA standards in regards to Industrial Control Panel design is required.
– Position requires a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
– Position requires customer service skills & ability to troubleshoot.
– Occasional overnight travel may be required.
– Sterling Systems & Controls offers highly competitive wages and company benefits.
Associate Electrical Engineer: Work under the direction of the engineering project managers to create electrical drawings and approval packages as well as perform basic programming tasks. Perform field checkout of electronic control panels and other equipment. Provide customer support during start up as well as troubleshooting. Create well documented approval packages that include: Sequence of Operations; Front panel layouts; Equipment and I/O lists. Other responsibilities and functions include:
– Use E Plan and Draftsight software to create production ready drawings
– Conduct in-house checkout of completed systems
– Assist Production Technicians as need with installation of components
– Write detailed instruction manual for completed project
– Basic PLC, HMI and PC programming
– Communicate and request technical information with vendors and customers
– Research new technology available in market
– Assist customers with onsite and phone troubleshooting and system start up.
Skills Required include:
– Accuracy and high attention to detail
– Electrical aptitude
– Time management skills
– Excellent verbal and written grammar skills
– Problem solving ability
Please send applications and resumes to:
Sterling Systems & Controls, Inc.
P.O. Box 418 • Sterling, IL 61081
Or, email to: email@example.com